Show Your Love for the Birds! Make a Valentine’s Day Bird Feeder
In the winter it can be hard for birds to find food. Your local birds will flock to a Valentine’s Day Bird Feeder!
Here are some simple ideas for your feathered friends:
Orange Cup and Seeds
- One orange
- A knife and a spoon
- An adult to help
- Two twigs about 10 inches long.
- Bird seed
- Cut an orange in half with the help of an adult.
- Scoop out about half of the pulp.
- Push two small twigs through the orange as pictured.
- Tie string to the twigs for hanging.
- Fill the scooped our orange with bird seed.
- Hang in on a branch!
Really Easy Bird Feeder
An apple and/or a pear
- Cut the bottoms off of a pear or apple (or both!)
- Scoop out a little hole from the bottom.
- Poke the fruit onto the end of a branch on a tree.
Looking for more information and interactive games on topics covered on our Kid Scoop pages?
← Check out our archives for additional links
Get answers to activities found on the weekly Kid Scoop pages.
Kid Scoop’s own artist, Jeff Schinkel, shows you how to draw things with step-by-step directions and videos.
Some of the weirdest and wildest true facts about animals, people and places in the world.
Put on your thinking cap and see if you can solve Kid Scoop’s brain-bending puzzles.
If you love to write, you can write on the topic of your choice and send it in to us.
Experts say that washing your hands for at least 20 seconds is the best way to make sure you remove germs and gunk.